Monday 9 January 2017

Timely Plan vs Yearly Plan.


Oh, what a privilege to be able to share this with you all and I'm really excited about it.
It's that time of the year again when goals will be set for the year 2017 and everyone is all getting ready to start doing something new and dropping some old habits behind.

I commend you for taking these bold steps and I hope they all pay off at the end.

However, there is something critical that I believe is missing from all of these preparations and that is what I want to address in this personal letter to you, as you're reading this.

Most people (and I mean a very high percentage of planners all over the world) tend to make plans on a yearly basis and we forget that there are 12 valuable months in that one year that require planning.

Let me quickly break it down so that you can understand the point that I'm trying to make here...

There are 12 months in a year, 4 weeks in a month, 7 days in a week, 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour and we also have 60 seconds in one minute.

My next question is, why then do we only focus on the biggest part of the equation and we neglect the tiniest piece of our lives?
But, let us not forget that those tiny pieces of our lives matter a lot in the achievement of our overall yearly plans; therefore we must consciously work out a plan for them too.

So, here is the challenge for you and I?

This year is going to be a great year for us but we need to have what I call "Second-ly Plan" (i.e. Plan for every second of the day).

I want to encourage you to create processes for you to achieve your "Second-ly plans", which will eventually add up to your overall yearly plan; while ensuring that you're able to measure your progress accordingly.

Journey through year 2017 with a Process-Driven Mindset, where all your plans must be achieved through determination, motivation and commitment. 

This challenge is personal and requires your commitment to develop in the areas that you want to grow, this year.

Written by:
Temitayo Oyediran,
Author of Self Identification Management (SIM).
Coach, Consultant and Project Manager.


No comments:

Post a Comment